Focus on Youth Jobs with the Ottawa Catholic School Board
Are you looking for a summer job? Our school board offers summer jobs as Assistant Camp Counsellors and Summer Custodial Workers (see the job descriptions below.) Priority is given to graduating students in need but jobs are open to all students who meet the job criteria.
Come into Student Services to pick up an application or print one of the attached files. Applications are due by Wednesday, May 17th to Mrs. ConnorS in Student Services.
Job Descriptions: To be updated when information comes in.
1) Camp Counselor
Under the supervision of the Summer Camp Supervisor and Program Monitor, the
Assistant Summer Camp Counselor would be responsible for the following:
• Participate in an orientation session on July 4, and Standard First Aid/CPR C training on July 5 and 6 at St. Paul HS
• Assist regular camp staff in daily camp activities on site
• Help organize, with the supervision of summer camp participants - ages 5-14 years
Program Dates: July 4 to August 11, 2017, Monday to Friday (hours will vary according to camp) from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Rate of Pay: $12.10 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
Under the supervision of a full-time custodian at a school site and FOY Program Monitor, the summer student helper would be responsible for the following:
• General custodial and painting duties
• Working with the summer custodial teams at various Board facilities for summer clean-ups
• Participate in online WHMIS training, provided by the Board, prior to June 15
• Participate in Maintenance & Operations orientation session after school at St. Patrick’s HS on June 15
• Participate in FOY orientation session at St. Paul HS on July 4
Program Dates: July 4 – August 18, 5 days/week, Monday to Friday, within the time frame of 7:30am to 3:30pm.
Rate of Pay: $14.05 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay